Saturday, May 27, 2017

Shapely Saturday 21-2017

What shapes can you do for your cards?

Gracie certainly has a striking card that is far from a run-of-the-mill rectangle.


Time to go through my Silhouette files again!  I found this cute little pitcher card.  It opens from the top.  I inked the edges of the flowers and attached them with glue dots.  I added blue twine around the pitcher before attaching it to the card base.  I used the paper pad for the strip on the card. ~ Gracie

I used a variation of a box card.


                                     Side view                                       back of card


Card folded for mailing.

One of the things that happened when the new Explore and Design Space came out was the ability to use svg files in addition to the cartridges.  Since I have a pretty large collection of cartridges, I never really looked into using svg files from other sources until I looked at some from svgcuts.com  They have some beautiful 3-d projects and when they had a special before Mother's Day, I went ahead and purchased 2 collections and the 3rd collection called Garden Party was free.  This bird house is part of that collection and really takes box cards up a notch.  I used a yellow card stock as the base and several papers from the Graphic 45 Nature's Sketch Book for all the other cuts including the flowers.  I sponged distress ink around all the cuts and added enamel dots for the flower centers instead of the paper centers.  I also fussy cut some butterflies from the paper to add a few extra places.  I was also able to add writing on Design Space to write on the front and back of the card to personalize it.  I love this and can't wait to make others from this collection. - Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment