Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Card Sketch Wednesday #21-2017

Using a sketch is always a great way to jump start a card.


How cute is Gracie's card?


This card cheered me up making it, lol!  I love the little panda!  The digital image was purchased from 2Cute2Ink.  I colored it using Spectrum Noir markers.  I printed the sentiment on my computer.  I used 4 sheets of paper from the paper pad to make the panel. I attached a metal dot to the take out box where the handle would appear to move.  It is all mounted on a white cardstock card base. ~ Gracie 

My card added some dimension.


This card sketch had the dimensions of the pieces which helped to make it go quickly.  I used several patterns from my pad (Graphic 45 Nature's Sketchbook); The center panel came from a page of cutouts.  I used the same panel from a second page and fussy cut all the butterflies.  (I really hate fussy cutting, but it is getting easier)  I then attached just the body over the same images and folded the wings up slightly.  It really gives a great look.  I decided against putting a sentiment on the front.  I also sponged all the edges of the pieces which adds to the dimension too. - Denise
Side view of the center.


No comments:

Post a Comment