Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Birthday Tuesday #18-2017

This is our last birthday Tuesday for a while since we will be doing a new challenge for Tuesday's the next few months.

I love bicycles on cards and Gracie has done a great card using one on her card today.


I love how cheery this card turned out!  I die cut the bicycle and sentiment using bright pink cardstock.  I used some pink polka dot cardstock I have had forever to make a card front.  The basket on the bike needed flowers and I found some small blue Recollections in my stash.  I added some glitter green hot fix metal accents.  ~ Gracie 

I used a technique that yields two cards -



 The insides


I was inspired by a couple of inlaid cards that Sue did last week.  I made a cut file on Design Space using a rectangle and an image from the cartridge called Artiste by CTMH.  I centered the image on the rectangle and then attached the two so that it would cut together.  I then made a second copy so I could cut them at the same time - one in the solid card stock and one in the patterned card stock. The patterned paper was from K & Company called Classic K McKenna.  I picked up the squares of each, leaving the letters on the mat and placed each one on a piece of StickIt! with one side removed.  That makes the spaces sticky and lets you inlay the opposite cardstock in the space filling with the background on letters like a and p. It works best if the card stocks are the same thickness.  My solid was a little thicker than the patterned so the letters on it stood up just a little bit, but it still looked great.  This gives you two cards that are the reverse of each other.  I did make them on a 5 x 7 card base so that the pattern would show well on the lettering when it was cut out. I also used a cardstock to make a thin mat behind the main panel.  Before mounting that I made a couple of cuts in the middle for the inside of one card.  This is a great way to make the most use of your cardstock when making a card.. - Denise


No comments:

Post a Comment