Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Sympathy Tuesday #20-2017

Our Tuesdays for the next few months will feature sympathy cards.

Tantalaya has a beautiful card.


I used the Stampin' Up! Simply Sketched Hostess stamp set. I used the bird image and stamped and then colored it using Spectrum Noir markers. The focal image and sentiment sit on top of wood grain design paper with script on it. I then wrapped a cream colored lace ribbon around the entire piece attaching it to the back and then attaching to the base with foam tape. To finish off this card I added sequins from Pretty Pink Posh. - Tantalaya
.
My card allows the beauty of the paper to shine.


I have an addiction to paper and having so many beautiful papers can make a card come together quickly.  I found a design that would work to have a large focal point and also some white space to but a sentiment in. I cut the piece at 3/3/4 by 5.  I stamped the sentiment from CTMH - Big Hugs on the space at the bottom.  I placed that on a purple cardstock cut at 4 x 5 1/4 to mat the image and put that on a white A2 card base. This card took less than 5 minutes to make including getting the stamp out.  If you have great papers, you can make some cards that look great, but don't take a lot of time when you need something at the last minute. - Denise

1 comment: