Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Sympathy Tuesday #19-2017

Starting this month we will be making sympathy cards every Tuesday.  While we wish we never had need for these cards, sending a special card can let grieving families know you are thinking of them.

Kimberly gives us this wonderful example.


I layered several papers from the pad to create this card. The sentiment is Penny Black, stamped with black ink. - Kimberly 

I made several at once -


I took a sheet from the kit and decided I would make four at once using different sentiments on each.  I cut the paper and black cardstock using a nesting die.  The two black layers were cut at once with the smaller one cut inside the larger. The sentiments are from a Unity set called May Strength Surround You.  I tried to emboss with black heat embossing, but even with using an embossing buddy, the powder kept sticking to the paper and not giving a good image, so I ended up just stamping in black ink and putting the center panel on foam tape to pop it up a bit. It didn't take too much extra time to do the four cards instead of just one. Unfortunately I seem to need these cards frequently. - Denise


No comments:

Post a Comment