Saturday, May 13, 2017

Shapely Saturday #19-2017

We are changing up Saturdays to make some shaped cards.

Kimberly starts out with a scalloped beauty of a card.


I created the card shape from a die set by Rhea Weigand.  The die set allows for layering shapes and also includes cute embellishments.  I used the larger die to cut white c/s twice for the card base.  I used the smaller layering die to cut the patterned piece from the pad.   I die cut the button shapes from scraps that I used on the other cards for this week’s challenge.  The sentiment is also from the paper pad.-Kimberly

I have an owl-


Inside

Having an Explore makes it very easy to make a shaped card.  This image is from the cartridge called Wildcard 2.  There are lots of cute animals and I decided on an owl.  I don't always think of using patterned paper for animals, bur really like it when others use it, so I used two coordinating papers from the kit I am using for the week with some solid card stock.  I sponged Distress Ink on the edges for depth. The Explore also wrote the sentiment on the inside on a white card stock.  I sized that piece to be a little smaller and put it on a piece of the same pattern as the front image.- Denise 

1 comment: