Monday, May 1, 2017

Masculine Monday #18-2017

Gracie has a wonderful birthday card suitable for any guy in your life.


I have very few masculine cards on hand!  This card was made with paper from 2 separate paper pads.  I tore the strip in the middle.  It had a white core on one side which was distracting so I flipped it and ended up with polka dots (not very masculine lol).  I die cut the black background circle, the Happy Birthday sentiment and the arrows. The Happy Birthday and black circle are popped out with pop dots. ~ Gracie 

I think of the outdoors for the guys in my life (although my daughter can be found there as often as my son).


I found this great 6 x 6 paper pack from DCWV called Corrugated Neutrals in the clearance bin at our local Joann's store.  As you may realize, I am addicted to 6 x 6 pads and this was so different, that I had to have it.  I cut a 5 x 7 card base down to a 5 inch square and cut one of the pieces of the corrugated paper to a 5 inch square.  I also have a 12 x 12 pad from DCWV called Natural Cork, which is made of actual cork cut into thin sheets.  I thought it would go great with the corrugated paper so I cut it in three different size hexagons using a set of nesting dies on my Cuttlebug.  I stamped the deer from Deep Red called Buck Deer, the feather from Local King Rubber called Feather Pleasure, and the sentiment from CTMH called Holiday Tags-Occasion on the cork with Versafine black ink.  I put a piece of MME wood washi tape across the base and then arranged the cork pieces on top of that.  I love all the textures together. - Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment