Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Card Sketch Wednesday #18-2017

Today's card sketch -



Gracie has a lovely sympathy card.



Do you ever keep using what you have left out on your craft table?  That's what I did with today's card.  I die cut the butterflies with the back side of the polkadot paper I used for Tuesday's card and used the polka dot paper for my card front.  I die cut a scalloped circle and the sentiment from the same paper.  I added some strips of aqua cardstock behind the circle and used some white glitter hot fix accents to finish the card.  I do believe the sentiment is from Simon Says. ~ Gracie 

I made a card for my book-loving daughter.


Unity stamp company has a lot of stamps that feature books and I think I have them all since books play a big part in our family's lives.  This one is called Start Something and after stamping it on watercolor paper with Versafine black ink, I did the water coloring with Distress Inks. I cut around the image with a stitched rectangular die on the Cuttlebug.  I used a page from the DCWV 8 x 8 pad called Maps, Texts & Ledgers to make the back mat.  Some orange washi tape made the stripes.  The image was placed on foam tape to pop it up and create a little interest. The nesting dies are getting a real workout this month- Denise






No comments:

Post a Comment