Thursday, November 1, 2018

Thursday Designer Challenge! 44-2018

Happy November!  We continue our challenge today using Theresa's choices.  She gave us three to pick from to make two cards (one for today and one for tomorrow).

Here are Theresa's choices:





One is glittered, one is flocked with black polka dots and one with white polka dots.

Here is Sue's choice for today:




I chose the shimmery black card with white raised dots. I was introduced to the partial diecutting technique this month and am kind of addicted. Of course, I don’t have most matching dies for my stamp sets, so I fussy-cut. It’s the same effect. I stamped the snowman with the hat and then stamped the same image on a post-it note, which I then fussy cut and used as a mask. I then stamped the snowman with ear muffs, standing him a bit behind. I added some color with Copic markers. The sentiment is from Stampin’ Up’s Snow Much Fun stamp set. With a bit of fussy cutting and trimming, I created the horizontal strip for this card.  ~  Sue

I chose the same card base!



I have had the vellum pocket for quite awhile and just did not know what to do with it.  But today a light bulb went off and I got it out of my Scraprack.  The paper has donuts.  The coffee cup is a die cut.  The sentiment was printed on my computer.  It's a pretty clean and simple card that I think wold brighten someone's day.  ~  Gracie

Join us tomorrow for the last day of our Designer Challenge!


1 comment:

  1. Both cards are wonderful. I like the partial die cutting Sue did and the velum pocket on Gracie's is nice to let the background come through.

    ReplyDelete