Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Technique Tuesday 45-2018

We have a new technique for November.  It is called Dimensional Sentiments and a video showing you how can be found here.

My card following the Thankfulness and color scheme.


A closeup of the sentiment.

This technique involves stamping your sentiment on each layer of a die cut each time you add the layers.  A stamping platform such as a Misti is almost a must for doing this.  I started by cutting all my layers on my Cricut Explore using a cartridge called Disney Pooh & Friends.  On a side note, there are some unexpected cuts on some of the cartridges. Who would have thought this came from a Disney cartridge.  I distressed the edges and added a little extra green on the leaves too.  The patterned paper was from my scrap pile.  The sentiment from Unity's September 2018 Kit of the month and I stamped it on a kraft card base using Versafine black ink.  Lifting the lid without moving the stamp or base, I adhered the first layer then stamped again.  I continued doing that with all of the layers making sure to stamp after each layer.  This allows the sentiment to flow without any breaks that would be there if you waited to stamp it after the layers were all on.  I loved the effect and will be doing it again. - Denise

1 comment: