Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Card a Day Challenge for November- Technique Tuesday

Hi everyone,

Welcome to day 3 of Card a Day Challenge for November. The theme is Thankfulness, colors are muted and fall combinations, and today is Technique Tuesday. This month's technique is to create Dimensional Sentiments.

Here is my card:


 

There is a great video by Jennifer McGuire on this technique, so be sure to check it out! For my card, I have been DYING to use Altenew's Rose Build-a-Flower. So I decided to use that stamp as my background on this card (insert happy dance). I used subtle shades of pink from my stash of Altenew inks, using the magazine photo below as inspiration for my color selection:




I chose a sentiment from Honey Bee called Bless Your Heart. This sentiment sends a beautiful message on thankfulness along with the rose in the background. What a combination! Once I stamped the sentiment over the rose (yes, it's a little scary but thank goodness for my Misti), I die cut the rose and then popped it back onto the card using foam squares. That gave the card some dimension. I guess you could say this is similar to an Eclipse card? Anyhoo, I finished off with Lucy's sequins, placed my piece over pink card stock, and adhered it to a brown card base. I loved this card so much that I made 5 of them!

See you tomorrow for another day of challenges.

Colleen



3 comments:

  1. I love this technique and your made a beautiful card with it. I wish I would remember to make multiple cards at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Denise, I host a craft show every year in my home, so I'm always thinking about my card supply!

    ReplyDelete