Thursday, January 18, 2018

Thursday in 3D - 03-2018

Hi! I'm back with another card that follows this month's theme of Winter Birthdays. Today's prompt is "cards or projects that are 3D". 

I made this card



I started by die cutting three circles - approximately 1" , 2" and 3" in diameter. I inked the edges with some brown chalking ink. For the eyes, mouth and buttons, I used Simon Says STAMP Lots of Dots stamp set and black ink. I cut a small triangle from a scrap of orange cardstock for the carrot nose. For the arms, I cut out "branches" from dark gray cardstock. For the background, I started with light blue cardstock and stamped snowflakes from Simon Says STAMP Hand Lettered Winter Wishes and clear embossed them. The sentiment is from Sunny Studio's Heartfelt Wishes stamp set. When I assembled the snowman, I used dimensionals between the circles and popped the finished snowman using an Action Wobbler. 

Here's a closeup


This was the first time I've used an action wobbler. It sure makes the snowman "dance". i think that I'll be using them more often.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

1 comment:

  1. I love the perspective of this snowman and so easy to do, but really packs a punch with the action wobbler. So cute.

    ReplyDelete