Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Technique Tuesday - 04-2018

Technique Tuesday



The technique for January is to use colored pencil on dark or Kraft Cardstock.  I really like working with Kraft paper, so I stamped this snowman from Unity's Winter Blessings and colored it with Prismacolor pencils.  For some reason, my white pencil is missing, so I used my water color pencil instead.  A little blue and silver on the hat and scarf completed it.  I cut out the panel using a new nesting die I got from Gina Marie.  It has cuts all along the edge that I decided to highlight with the white pencil.  The banner was cut from blue cardstock and I used a clear stamp from Close to my Heart (Hats Off Birthday) which I was able to bend around to follow the curve of the banner.  I went around the edge of it with the white pencil too.  The panel was then popped up on foam tape on a blue cardstock mat.  To save paper, I cut the banner out of the middle of this mat before putting the card together.  - Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment