Thursday, April 13, 2017

Technique Thursday #15-2017

There are several ways to make a magic window card.  A link to show one of the simplest ways is found here.

Tantalaya has a very pretty card that makes use of this technique.



The technique today is a magic card. This one I pulled out my die from spellbinders and used it with the largest oval die so I would have more room to hide the tape. I took vellum and stamped the flower image in Versafine onyx black ink and embossed it with clear powder I then lined it up best I could and made a mark on my paper where I stamped the image again and colored it using the zig real brush markers. Now when I cut out my frame I took the oval and attached ribbon to the top to pull out the oval thus creating the magic of the card. I finished it off with a sentiment on black paper embossed in white powder by Nuvo. - Tantalaya

I am on a roll with my Easter cards -



I did a lot of magic window cards as birthday cards last year.  This technique was different than what I had done and a little easier. I also used velum with this card instead of my usual clear acrylic.  The velum stamped up a lot easier, but really softened the colors behind it, so it depends on what look you want.  The paper was from a Authentique 6 x 6 pad called Hope and I used two sizes of a stitched rectangle nested die set to cut out the frame.  The stamp is from the January 2017 Kit of the Month by Unity Stamp Company, with the sentiment coming from their Bunny, Keep you Forever sentiment kit. I colored the image on the back paper with my Spectrum Noir markers.  I made the colores pretty vivid because they are so toned down being behind the velum.- Denise




1 comment: