Sunday, April 2, 2017

Clean and Simple Sunday #14-2017

As we start April we will be focusing on die cuts for the whole month.  Whether you use a manual or electronic die cutter, or even buy them, die cuts can add a lot to a card.

Nesting dies can really add depth to a card as Kimberly shows with her lovely work for our Clean and Simple Sunday.



I created this fun 4”x 4” square cards with My Favorite Things – Wonky Square Die Set.
The image is from a Ken Oliver 6x6 watercolor paper pack. I die cut a selected part of the image using four dies in the set.  I adhered them to a card base, added a sentiment die cut from white card stock and stamped with navy blue ink.  This is a fun way to add texture to a beautifully designed pattern paper.- Kimberly

I went back to my roots and used my Cricut Explore for my die cuts.


The wonderful thing about Tiggers is - they are fun!  I used a cartridge called Pooh and Friends to make both Tigger and the sentiment.  I used vinyl and layered it on a black cardstock to make Tigger.  The sentiment was done in black vinyl which allowed me to transfer and apply it all at once without have to place the individual letters.  I like using vinyl for some of my things since it cuts so nicely all the time and is already sticky.  I took an orange chalk marker around the edge of the blue to make it look a little more like a cartoon. - Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment