Friday, April 14, 2017

C.A.S.E A Card Friday #15-2017

We are getting ready for Easter and will C.A.S.E. this card today -

Tantalaya has a beautiful basket of flowers and I love how she combined stamped images with die cuts -

Today is CASE card day. I loved the eggs in a basket idea so I went with that but changed it to flowers. All of the flowers and the butterfly were cut out using dies. The flower die was from Stampin up the Flower fair framelits dies and from the stamp of approval box by sugar pea designs. I then layered the flowers and leaves making sure to even use foam tape to add dimension. The basket was stamped from Gina K designs Beyond Baskets stamp set. I colored the basket using the zig real brush markers and a water brush. I then used my corner chomper to round the edges on the base and the focal piece and added a sentiment for an added pop. This card is slightly bigger measuring at 6" x 5", So I used one 8.5" x 11" sheet of paper to create the base for this card.- Tantalaya

I have yet another Easter card and will send all of them out-

I have a CTMH stamp set called Easter Eggs and it has all these wonderful patterns.  I cut several different eggs on my Explore and found one whose shape matched the stamps and cut out several from different color card stocks.  I then choose inks that I thought would go well and stamped them by inking up the stamp and laying the shapes on the stamp and rubbing.  It was easier to line them up that way.  The basket was cut on the Explore with Kraft paper and then embossed with Spellbinders Embossabilities embossing folder called Basket Weave.  I then used Distress Ink with a blender sponge to highlight the texture.I used a green fringe ribbon that I had in my stash for the grass in the basket and popped the basket up on foam tape to be able to layer the eggs with some depth.  A few enamel dots helped brighten it up. - Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment