Thursday, April 6, 2017

Technique Thursday #14-2017

Today's technique is a special fold called a gatefold.  It is fairly simple as folds go, but is a fun way to add some interest to a card as Kimberly shows us.


Inside

What a fun card technique!  I used the dimensions included in the inspiration video to create a square card. Please consider taking a peek at the video as it provides some great information.  Here is my interpretation of this technique.  I started with a piece of Ken Oliver scrapbook paper, trimmed and scored to size.  I opted to place the sentiment on the card front (Stampendous) because I wanted the image inside to be a surprise.  The inside image is Art Impressions Window to the World – 0Lighthouse. I stamped the image onto watercolor paper with Versafine Black Onyx Ink and colored with Zig Clean Color Markers. I strategically placed small magnets (where they can’t be seen) to keep the card closed.  The card is also easy to open. - Kimberly

This is such a beautiful use of colors by Kimberly and really highlights her image.  The video she refers to can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment