Saturday, April 15, 2017

Inspiration Saturday #15-2017

You know it is Spring when you see colorful tulips.  Here is our inspiration today -


The beautiful pastels were the focus for Tantalaya's card.


Photo inspiration, the first thing I noticed was the color the almost rainbow of color. I took a piece of white cardstock and colored it with my Tim Holtz blending tool. Using light shades of pink, orange, yellow, blue, and lavender. Once colored I used Spellbinders shapeabilities Feathers dies. I then took a 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" paper and white embossed the word Dream nd took the same pink and one slightly darker and blended around the word so it would pop off the center of the card. I then took the die cut feathers and added them around the word as a rethinking of the dream catcher idea. I used foam tape to add dimension to different feathers, and I finished it off by adding sequins from pretty pink posh. - Tantalaya

I focused on the tulips -


I went back to one of my favorite Cricut cartridges called Art Nouveau. The images on it are so stylish.  This image had three green layers and two yellow.  I did run a blending tool over all the edges with a very light brown Distress Ink before I put the layers together to add some depth.  I used a We Are Memory Keepers embossing folder called Lattice for the background.  Even though I love my electronic die cutting machine, I still use my Cuttlebug for framing my stamped sentiments because it is easier to line them up which I did here for a stamp from Unity (the set is called Let Your Wishes Fly). Nesting dies such as this make it easy to frame your sentiments. - Denise




1 comment:

  1. Beautiful inspiration! And I love both your cards as well. The soft colors with the feathers is beautiful. And I love that tulip die! And the embossing folder, too! I don't have that one...imagine that!

    ReplyDelete