Monday, April 24, 2017

Masculine Monday #17-2017

Masculine cards are sometimes hard for people to do, but Sue uses a technique called die-cut inlay to make a great one.


I die-cut a piece of black cardstock using Simon Says STAMP Mod Window craft die. I also used the same die to cut various scraps of cardstock. I adhered the black cardstock to a card base. Using the inlaid die cut technique, I added colour with the die cut pieces. The sentiment is from Simon Says STAMP Big Scripty Greetings which was heat set with silver embossing powder.- Sue

This card had a special meaning for me-




My son officially adopted his seven-year-old step daughter this month, so I made this card for them to help celebrate that.  The die cut comes on the front. I took a cut (using only the shadow part) from the cartridge Outdoor Life and sized it to be 4.25" across.  I then flipped it and welded it to a rectangle to make the card out of heavy cardstock on my Explore.  It gave the look of a sentiment across the image that could be flipped out of the way to see the whole image.  I then stamped my images using a stamp from Unity called First Love, First Hero and trees from CTMH called Always Grateful to make the scene.  I did use a mask of the figures before stamping the trees.  I used Distress Inks to watercolor everything.  I cut the image with two different colors of cardstock to attach to the front.  It really looks like them since they love the outdoors and both of them loved it, which I why I love sending cards. - Dense




No comments:

Post a Comment