Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Birthday Tuesday #16-2017

Birthday cards are always a lot of fun and Gracie gives us a party in a card.


For today's card I used dies to make the card base.  The center of the front is a circle and the edge of the front is cut using a Fiskars border.  I also used Spellbinders dies for the balloon, cupcake, and "party" sentiment.  I used patterned cs for the base and mint green cs for the inside of the card.  The die cuts are teal with Wink of  Stella.  I added some light green enamel dots. ~  Gracie  

I have another twist and pop card.



All the action (and die cuts) are in the inside of this card.  All of the papers came from a 12 x 12 pack from Pebbles called From Me to You.  The images were all cut on my Explore in vinyl and used a cartridge called Suburbia.  This has a lot of great images from the 50's.  Since this was for my sister-in-law who was born in the late 50's it seemed perfect.  The front and inside sentiment came from Just a Number by CTMH.  Using vinyl allowed me to use silver for the pay phone.  I remember that my mother gave me dimes to put in my penny loafers so that I always had enough to call home if I needed to.  Try to explain that to a teenage today. - Denise


No comments:

Post a Comment