Saturday, April 29, 2017

Inspiration Saturday #17-2017

How would this picture inspire you?




Sue made this inspirational card -


For my card, I was inspired by bird (chick). I didn’t have much choice because I only own one bird die, the Penny Black Peaceful Wishes die. The sentiment is from CAS-ual Fridays Hope die. Both were cut out of gold cardstock. For the background, I inked up a piece of cardstock with distress inks (tumbled glass, stormy sky and faded jeans) to mimic a partially cloudy sky.- Sue

I used a new technique for my card -


When I saw the challenge picture, I knew that I had the perfect stamp for it from Unity called Grey Skies Happy I stamped the image with Versafine black ink on a red rubber sheet called gasket material (I bought mine at Lowe's in the plumbing department). I then laid my water color paper over it and rubbed to get the image to transfer. I used a Stamp-a-ma-Jig to line the image up and stamp with the actual stamp on the top. I used Distress Inks with water brushes to water color the image making sure to dilute the colors for the reflection. I cut around the image using an oval nesting die.  I stamped the sentiment from the same set and cut it with another nesting die and sponged around the edges with distress ink.  I popped both up with foam tape on top of the striped paper, which I in turn placed on a cream paper and finally on a kraft card base. I love this technique and will be using it again. - Denise

How to do this basic technique can be found here and here.


No comments:

Post a Comment