Thursday, March 30, 2017

Technique Thursday #13-2017

Today's technique, just like our March Challenge, is an oldie, but goody.  It is emboss resist and even though the technique is one that has been around for a while, it is a classic with wonderful results.

Sue has some wonderful colors on her card.


I started with Impression Obsession’s Cover-A-Card Flourishes stamp, Versamark ink, white embossing powder and my heat tool. The Cover-A-Card stamps are a great way to create a background for your card. I hadn’t used any of mine for some time. I added colour with ink blending tools and distress inks (twistsed citron, mermaid lagoon and faded jeans). This would form the background of my card. To finish, I added a strip of cardstock and the sentiment, using Stampin Up’s Made for You stamp set and Stampin Up’s oval and decorative label punches to complete the card. - Sue

Mine also incorporates other textures.


I embossed an image from the Inkadinkado set called Down by the Seaside in black.  Like so many of my stamp sets, I used an image from it once and then set it aside.   I decided to do it on velum and then rubbed over the image with Distress ink in three different yellow and orange colors.  I found that it is better to start with a bigger piece and then tear around what you want when you are finished.  I used double sided tape at the top to adhere it to some burlap paper (from DCWV) and then punched two holes at the top of that.  I ran twine through them and added a bit of ribbon in the knot.  You can pick up this twine for cheap at farm supply stores. I also have tons of ribbon purchased several years ago and am forcing myself to add more of it in my cards. The sentiment was stamped on more velum and torn, then taped behind the letters so it didn't show.  This was all attached to a card base and I trimmed the burlap to size after attaching it. It uses more texture than I normally do and I like it. - Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment