Saturday, March 11, 2017

Inspiration Saturday #10-2017

Saturday brings this as our inspiration

Kimberly was inspired by the beautiful colors


The colors in the photo grabbed my attention, since Teal is my favorite!  The images are from the same stamp set (My Favorite Things) that I used in this week’s technique challenge.  I created the background with some of the smaller images included in the set.  I stamped the images with a Hero Arts Ombre ink pad.  The sentiment (Altenew) is the item that I have had for a long time and never used.  The image is stamped with black ink. - Kimberly

I went with a sewing theme


I have been stamping so much lately, that I feel like I am ignoring my Cricut.  I went back through my cartridges and found this cut that fit the challenge.  It is from Country Life.  I used paper from Carta Bella called Sew Lovely and chose some solid papers to match the colors in the pattern.  The needle I cut from silver vinyl.  Using vinyl for part of the cuts (especially shiny items) is a great technique.  I drew lines across the spool so that it wasn't so plain.  An old Cuttlebug embossing folder for the background gave it some texture that looked like herringbone material.  The sentiment comes from a stamp set has a lot of good sewing quotes, but is old enough that it is before I started saving the names of my sets. - Denise



1 comment:

  1. Kimberly - so pretty! Teal is one of my favorite colors also! Denise I laughed out loud! Cute card! They have been great this week!!!

    ReplyDelete