Thursday, March 9, 2017

Technique Thursday #10-2017

Today's technique is one that uses clear stamps and is called back stamping.  An example of this technique is here.


Kimberly makes good use of this technique in her card.


Back stamping….what a fun technique.  I created this card with two stamp sets that I have had for a while and never used.  This technique challenges us to stretch our clear stamp sets.  The flower image (My Favorite Things) was created using one stamp.  First, I used the back of the image with purple ink to create the circles.  Next, I flipped the stamp over to the correct side and stamped the image with a darker purple ink as shown.  Last, I used the same dark purple ink with a smaller image to add interest.  The sentiment (Altenew) is stamped with black ink.  For additional information, please follow the link to Jennifer McGuire’s video. - Kimberly

My card uses more than one stamp


I was going through my old stamps trying to find one that would work for the challenge.  The stamp needs to be symmetrical so that it will work when you flip it over.  I came across a set from CTMH called Take a Note that is used in conjunction with a Cricut cartridge from CTMH called Artbooking. I had the set for a couple of years, but had never used it and only used a couple of images from the hundreds that are on the cartridge.  I chose a round smile and the arrow to use for the back stamping.  The set also includes the notebook lined image that goes with a cut from the Cricut to look like a torn sheet of notebook paper.  I cut that and stamped the lines, then used the back of the two other stamps in light blue.  I used a darker blue for the front of the stamps  I used another stamp from CTMH called Just Because to add the sentiment on the bottom.  I mounted it on paper from an old 6 x 6 pad I had called Memoir from Studio Calico. I flipped some of the sides up to make it look like it was torn out of a notebook. I will start using this notebook stamp and cut out again because it could really be useful, so it is a good thing to go back through some of your old stash and see what treasures are hiding there. - Denise


No comments:

Post a Comment