Friday, March 24, 2017

C.A.S.E A Card Friday #12-2017

Today we C.A.S.E. this elegant card.


Gracie made her own stunning version.


What a pretty card to CASE!  I looked in my Scraprack and found a light green button.  I embossed a panel then die cut a circle then edged it with a Fiskars border.  I stamped the image and sentiment on the inside of the card using SU Coastal Cabana ink. I tied the button on with light blue and white twine and added a few heat set rhinestones.- Gracie

I have a farm theme-


I chose to use a Deep Red stamp called Rooster since I have had it for a while.  Since there is a lot of detail, I used a method where you use dye ink pens to scribble on the stamp itself.  I used a combination of Marvy Brush Markers in a golden yellow, a red, a burgundy, and a brown.  You start with the lightest color used all over the stamp and then scribble the others (lightest to darkest) randomly over the stamp (I did make sure to use the red on his comb). I did huff on the stamp to moisten it before I stamped it.  It works best on glossy paper, but that isn't what I wanted to use as the card base, so I used my Misti and colored and stamped a couple of times to get it dark enough and place it exactly where it needed to be to show through the opening.  I cut an opening in the yellow cardstock with a hexagon die in my Cuttlebug.  I then ran it through an embossing folder called Chicken Wire by Cuttlebug.  I used another die for the bottom cut.  Those particular dies were one of the first I purchased and used them to make swing cards probably four years ago.  I had never used the largest one, but it was the perfect size to do the bottom.  I taped the die were I wanted it and only cranked it through just until the bottom was through, then backed it out so that the top wouldn't cut. I bit of Distress Ink to highlight the design and popped up on foam tape.  The sentiment came from a set called Catch you Later by CTMH and I selectively inked it to make it go across the bottom in one line.  I like the look and will probably use this as inspiration for other cards.- Denise


No comments:

Post a Comment