Friday, March 31, 2017

C.A.S.E A Card Friday #13-2017

This is the card we are C.A.S.E.ing today.


The colors against the black can make for a striking card like Sue's


I started this card by die cutting several branches using Memory Box’s Large Olive Branch. This was one of my purchases that I “had” to have and used a few times when I first received it. It’s been sitting in my drawer for sometime. I found that it was a bit difficult to work with. What I figured out was that keeping both the negative and positive pieces together, the addition of colour using ink daubers and distress inks (mustard seed, spiced marmalade, picked raspberry, twisted citron, mermaid lagoon, mermaid lagoon and salty ocean) was much easier and the die cut kept its shape. For the thin lines below the sentiment, I inked up a thin piece of cardstock with spun sugar and picked raspberry and then cut really thin strips. The sentiment is from Catherine Pooler Designs’ Butterfly Notes stamp set which was heat embossed with white embossing powder. - Sue

I used a different technique for the color.


I used a technique I found online where you heat embossed in white and then colored over that with alcohol markers.  For this technique to work well, the stamps need to have fairly large areas of solid on them.  I used a stamp set from CTMH called Dreams Come True that had some solid flowers and leaves on it. I stamped them in various places like they were hanging down from the top with my Versamark.  I then hand drew lines for stems with a Ranger Perfect Medium Pen and embossed with white embossing powder.  It ended up not totally covering, but I decided that I was OK with the black showing through.  I might try with white pigment ink next time to emboss.  I then used a couple of shades of red and three shades of yellow Spectrum Noir pens to color the flowers and green for the leaves and stems.  The good thing about this technique is that the markers don't show on the black if you go out of the lines of the flowers.  The effect was pretty against the black.  The sentiment from CTMH (Big Hug) was also embossed and left white. I then found ribbon pretty close to the colors to add to the bottom.  I am really trying to use up all that ribbon that just sits there. - Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment