Thursday, March 2, 2017

Technique Thursday #9-2017

A diamond fold card is today's technique and involves a lot of folding.  The method can be found here.

Sue really makes her card pop by using various patterns.


Open

Since I was working with a 6x6 paper pad and needed a strip 4”x12”, I decided to use white cardstock as the base for this diamond fold card and decorate it with the patterned papers. I chose the more graphic papers for the backgrounds. For the front panel, I used the bold red. For the sentiment, I used Papertrey Ink’s Keep It Simple: Thank You stamp set. To tie the sentiment panel in with the rest of the card, I again used the graphic black and white paper. This was a fun challenge as I had never made a diamond fold card before. - Sue

My version -


Open

I used a piece from the 12 x 12 pack and then used a more neutral paper from the 6 x 6 pad to make the triangles for the sentiment and for the center which was cut with a die on my Cuttlebug.  I went around the edge and the design with a brown marker.  Then I used a chipboard piece from Graphic 45 that is also a part of the Botanical Tea collection.  The sentiments are from the sets Face the Sunshine and ...be present, both by Unity.  - Denise

1 comment:

  1. I've made diamond fold cards a few times and have difficulty at times figuring out what to put where. You have both done great jobs. Denise, I love that you put the sentiment on the front. I've never seen that before.

    ReplyDelete