Saturday, March 4, 2017

Inspiration Saturday #9-2017

I love to curl up with a good book and a warm cup of tea which is our inspiration today.

Sue makes us feel warm with her pretty and "pun"y card.


For my card, I was inspired by the tea cup in the photo. I used Clearly Besotted’s My Cup of Tea stamp set, stamped onto the yellow printed paper. I positioned the stamps to take advantage of the pretty pink flowers. I then used the matching Clearly Besotted’s My Cup of Tea Die Collection to cut out the teapot and teacup. The sentiment is from The Alley Way’s Stamp Tea Par-tea stamp set, also stamped on patterned paper from the pad. The background for the teapot and teacup was a piece of cardstock (not included in the pad). To make the panels pop off the white card, I matted both sections with black cardstock. - Sue

My card from the inspiration.


Since my daughter and I love tea and books, I have quite a few stamps that have one or the other and this one had both.  It is from Unity and is called Chapter One.  I stamped the image and sentiment on a piece of velum with Versamark and embossed it with gold embossing powder.  I tore the edges and attached it to the lighter paper with gold washi tape.  The patterned paper I chose had a pattern in reverse colors so I cut the pieces to match up when matting one on top of the other.  I enjoyed using this paper collection from Graphic 45 all week and will not hoard it in the future.- Denise






2 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards! I LOVE that gold embossing on vellum over patterned paper...so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, I hit send too quick. And I love the paper piecing on the first card...looks like fine china!

    ReplyDelete