Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Birthday Tuesday #13-2017

It's birthday time again. 

I love puns and Sue has one that is perfect for kids, 
big and small alike.


I looked through my Stampin’ Up collection to find a stamp set I hadn’t used for a while. There were many sets – LOL!  I chose I Dig You stamp set. Before the MISTI, I had so much difficulty stamping the gifts in the back of the truck, so I kind of gave up trying to use this set. With the MISTI, it was quite easy! Using distress markers (faded jeans, mowed lawn and festive berries), I added colour to the gifts. - Sue


I agree Sue, what did we do before the Misti? Sometimes we can use our old things with different techniques like I did here.


This card was done with paper from another old stack I had called The Mod Retro Pack. The paper had this wonderful pattern of flowers over a pink border. I cut it strategically to showcase the flowers for the size of my card. The border was glossy, but the flowers were not.  When I purchased the paper, I didn't know about heat embossing, but now that I do, I used a Ranger Perfect Medium pen to go over the flowers and leaves.  I then put clear embossing powder over them and heat embossed them.  I believe it makes them go together much better with the pink border.  Another page from the pack to use as a mat and for the sentiment, printed off my computer and die cut completed the card. -Denise 


No comments:

Post a Comment