Saturday, April 1, 2017

Inspiration Saturday #13-2017

For April Fool's Day, we go a little wild for the inspiration.


Sue has the great whimsical tree in her card.


For my card, I was inspired by the tree in the background and the pink, yellow and orange colours visible from behind the tree. I used the CTMH A Tree stamp that has been sitting somewhat neglected. I stamped it with Versafine Onyx Black ink. I added colour with distress ink markers (worn lipstick, ripe persimmon, spiced marmalade, mustard seed and squeezed lemonade) that have also been somewhat neglected. The sentiment is from Paper Smooches’ Chit Chat stamp set. - Sue

While Sue used the tree, I chose the lion as my focus -


I have had some of my Cricut cartridges for a several years now.  I searched my images for lion and this stylized lion card came up from the cartridge French Manor.  I thought it looked pretty cool and would be great using a special paper.  I hardly ever use glitter paper, so I looked through my stash and came up with a tan that only had a little bit and the gold that is almost has a gilded look to it.  I tried several times to cut letters for the Thank you to put up the side, but the letters were so little that I couldn't get the "A" to cut right even after five times, so I gave up and stamped it with Stazon on a small piece of the gold and put it in the corner.  I backed it with black cardstock.  - Denise

We hope you have rediscovered some old favorites this month.  Tomorrow we start a new month of challenges that use a die cut everyday.



1 comment:

  1. Both cards are great! I always enjoy seeing the differences...one of you focused on the tree; the other on the lion!

    ReplyDelete