Monday, April 3, 2017

Masculine Monday #14-2017

Masculine Monday brings this nostalgic card from Kimberly.


The card base is a pre-prepared kraft base with a watercolor die cut (of sorts) stitched on.  I admit this is a bit of a stretch, but the card base is just perfect for the card I had in mind. I colored the background using Colorburst watercolor pigments.  The images and sentiment are from a Ken Oliver stamp.- Kimberly

I used some dies that I had not used before.


I purchased this set of nesting dies because they were on clearance and I thought they could make a cute masculine card, but I had never used them before.  I used all but the very smallest one and cut them on my Cuttlebug on black card stock.  I then kind of mushed them on at a time on my Versmark ink pad covering some more than others.  I applied Perfect Pearls in Perfect Copper which made them look like aged metallic. I embossed a piece of white card stock with an embossing folder from Darice and went over it with black Distress Ink using a sponge applicator.  I put an eyelet in the center of each cog (something I don't use a lot of) and just placed them in a pattern that worked.  I used foam tape to pop up a couple of the top ones.  The sentiment was printed from my computer and cut using another nesting die and cut again in the next size from black for a border.  I love nesting dies for this reason and use them often.  - Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment