Saturday, April 8, 2017

Inspiration Saturday #14-2017

This painting is something a little different for our inspiration.


Kimberly used it to make a wonderful mixed media card.


The inspiration image spoke to me as MIXED MEDIA, so I went with this concept.  I made the background paper with my Gelli Plate!  I used Ranger’s Distress Oxide Inks, stencils and bubble wrap and mixed media paper to make my prints.  (yes, I made several prints…..cannot stop with just one) The peacock stamp and dies are from the recent SOA (Catherine Pooler Designs) quarterly collection release.  The images are stamped with Hero Arts inks. The card base is A7.- Kimberly

I went with the hills.


I had some Fawn Lawn border dies called Stitched Hillside that I hadn't used yet, so I decided to recreate the feel of the hills in the picture.  I had purchased an old Unity Kit of the Month on Ebay and when it came, it was so old that they didn't name their kits then. There were a lot of images that I thought would be cute to use, but these houses weren't one of them until I saw the inspiration picture.  I stamped a couple of times on the blue at different levels and once on an orange piece.  I then die cut the orange positioning the houses in the corner.  I die cut the yellow and positioned it under the orange but on top of the stamped houses.  I decided not to color the houses and since the hillsides had a stitched detail, I decided to cut around the whole scene with a stitched rectangle die cut and the sentiment with a stitched oval die. - Denise



No comments:

Post a Comment