Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Card Sketch Wednesday #16-2017

Today's card sketch is from cardztv.blogspot.com and gives the measurements of the different parts which is a real help if you are trying to create the sketch.


Gracie gives us a card with a Spring feel.


Today I used 2 die cuts; a circle and a Spellbinders butterfly.  The card base is a dark purple.  I used 2 different patterned papers.  The purple dots were used as a mat.  The 4 rectangles were cut with the pale lavender paper.  I embossed a piece of light blue cs before die cutting the circle.  The butterfly was cut using glitter paper.  The sentiment is from Sizzix Birds and Phrases.  I added 3 flat back lavender pearls. ~ Gracie  

A little different interpretation for my card.


I decided I wanted to do something with a tropical fish and so I chose this cut from the Cricut cartridge called Pirates and Mermaids. I was going to use glitter paper, but decided instead on foil paper from a DCWV 6 x 6 pad called Foiled.  I had played around with alcohol inks on silver foil paper awhile ago and saved them, so I decided this was a good use for it and cut it into the four rectangles and mounted those with foam tape on the same silver foil paper.  The fish was also mounted on foam tape.  I couldn't get a sentiment that I thought looked good on the front, so I left it plain and will add something to the inside later.  Since this involved so much foil, it was hard to photograph without a lot of reflection, but it does look pretty good in person. - Denise




No comments:

Post a Comment