Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Card Sketch Wednesday #17-2017

Card sketches are a great way to jump start your creativity for cards if you are stuck for an idea.

Today's sketch -


I started with CAS-ual Fridays Funky Round Fri-Dies die and a piece of green cardstock. The sentiment is from Paper Smooches A Blessed Christmas, applied using gold heat embossing powder. I used the circle die from the same Fri-dies to cut out the sentiment. The banner was a scrap of black cardstock where gold embossing powder was used with Impression Obsession Cover-a-card Flourishes stamp. The striped paper was a scrap piece of Christmas cardstock. The card was completed using some gold cord. - Sue

I am hit or miss this week, but found inspiration in this sketch.


I used a set of stamps and matching dies from Heartfelt Creations called Jars & Vines.  They are part of a larger collection called Farmers Market.  I was able to pick up several of the stamps and dies used on Ebay for a great price.  I also picked up the matching 12 x 12 paper called Farmer's Market Collection.  The jugs were stamped on velum with Versamark and heat embossed in black.  I learned it was easier to emboss first and cut after with the dies on my Cuttlebug.  I colored where the liquid would be on the back with three colors of Sepctrum Noir markers/  I cut the tag from the paper pack and grouped the jugs in place of the circle on the sketch.  The green and wine card stock that I mounted everything on has some wonderful texture to it.  The Thinking of You was also heat embossed in black. - Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment