Friday, April 28, 2017

C.A.S.E A Card Friday #17-2017

There are some great cards out there to C.A.S.E. It is easy to make some changes and make them your own.

Here is a nautical themed card we chose to C.A.S.E.


Sue kept true to the theme 


For my version of the CASE card, I started by creating the “buoy” with two circle SIzzix dies. I wound red embroidery thread around the “buoy”, carefully adhering on the reverse side. The sentiment is from Simon Says STAMP Happy Days stamp set. The anchor was die cut using Memory Box’s Majestic Anchor die. The card was completed using an antiqued cardbase and a piece of natural ribbon. - Sue

I also kept close to the original-


I used a stamp and cut set from Hero Arts called Anchor.  I decided to make my own background paper by stamping a couple of the different anchor stamps with Versamark on blue paper.  That makes a nice subtle design.  I cut the life saver on my Explore from a cartridge called Life is a Beach (they have some great beach images) and sponged the edges of all the papers with a light brown Distress ink. The sentiment was stamped in blue using a Pink by Design stamp from the set Cruisin'.  I decided to use some red, white & blue bakers twine that I had instead of the brown twine and used some star eyelets that I had.  To help it stick to the front of the card, I did put some Scrappy tape on the front before winding the twine around. I added the anchor stamped with another pattern from the set and die cut with the matching die using my Cuttlebug. After running the twine through the holes in the life saver, I attached it to the blue paper.  I popped that panel up with foam tape to account for the bulk created by the twine and eyelets.  I thought it made a really cute nautical card. - Denise

1 comment: