Saturday, December 10, 2016

Inspiration Saturday #43-2016

This yummy picture is our inspiration today.


Robbie captured the feeling perfectly with her card.



When I saw the houses, I immediately thought of our paper that has gingerbread houses all over it.  All supplies are Stampin’ Up.  The card base is Whisper White that was cut 5 ½” x 8 ½” and scored on the long side at 4 ¼”.  I pulled out the Candy Cane Lane Designer Series Paper and chose the Gingerbread House paper as well as 2 matching patterns.  I cut the Gingerbread House paper  at 2 ¼” x 3 7/16” – this allowed me to have 2 of the Gingerbread Houses on my panel.  I mounted this onto a piece of Real Red card stock that measured 2 ½” x 3 5/8”.  Next I cut the dot paper 1 ¼” x 5 ¼”.  I wanted this paper to pop so I cut a piece of Early Espresso card stock at 1 ½” x 5 ½”.  The dot paper was added to the Early Espresso card stock using Snail.  Then using Snail I added this strip to the left hand edge getting it very close to the edge of the card front.  Next I cut a strip of the Candy Cane paper 1” x 4 ½”.  This was mounted onto a Real Red card stock piece that was cut 1 ¼” x 4 ¾” using Snail.  I added this to the card front using Snail and overlapping the dot paper.  The Gingerbread House layer was attached to the card front using dimensionals.  Now I needed a sentiment.  I chose one from the Candy Cane Christmas stamp set.  This was stamped using Early Espresso ink onto Whisper White card stock that was ¾” x 2 1/8”.  I mounted the sentiment on a piece of Early Espresso card stock that was 1” x 2 ¼”.  Dimensionals were used to add it to the card front.  My card was complete and ready to be mailed.

Get your inspiration and get card making or baking today.- Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment