Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Color Challenge Tuesday #43-2016

These retro colors are incorporated in today's challenge.



Robbie used the colors in a great contemporary card.




These colors are great to use for a Snow card so I decided to use them to create a Snow card.  All supplies are Stampin’ Up.  My card base was Whisper White that measured 5 ½” x 8 ½” and is scored at 4 ¼” on the long side.  I chose a base layer of Early Espresso that measure 4” x 5 ¼”.  I attached this to the card front.  I then took a piece of Rose Read card stock that measured 1” x 4” and using my Big Shot and the Softly Falling embossing folder I embossed the card stock.  I used some Tear & Tape to attach this to the middle of my card front.  Since this was a snow card it needed to have some sparkle.  I used some Dazzling Diamonds glitter paper and cut 2 strips that were 3/8” x 4”.  They were attached to my card front using Tear & Tape.  These strips were butted up against the Rose Red card stock.  A piece of Whisper White card stock was cut 2 ½” x 3 ½”.  Using Pool Party ink I stamped the Tin of Tags snowflake in the middle of this rectangle.  The small snowflake from Flurry of Wishes was inked with Island Indigo ink and stamped around the edge of the snowflake.  This stamped panel was added to a 2 ¾” x 3 ¾” piece of Island Indigo.  Dimensionals were used to attach this panel to the right hand side of the card.  Now all it needed was a sentiment.  I used the Tin of Tags again and a Basic Black marker to ink up just the word Warm and stamp it on a strip of 11/16” x 4” Rose Red card stock.  I then repeated this process to ink up the word Wishes.  To add a little interest, I used the Curvy Trio punch on each end.  The sentiment was added to the card base using dimensionals.  This is a fun winter card!

Try this color combination yourself in a new and different way.

1 comment:

  1. Very unusual color for a Christmas, but very striking. I like it!

    ReplyDelete