Friday, August 31, 2018

Card a Day Challenge August, Week 4 - Freestyle Friday

Hi everyone,

Welcome to day 6 of the Card a Day Challenge in August! The theme for this month is student related and the color scheme is yellow, black, and white. Today is Freestyle Friday, where designer chooses what style card to create using the theme and colors of the month. Here is my card:

 

This is a watercolor technique that I learned from Laurel Beard using Peony Notes from The Ton Stamps. I stamped each layer in yellow, lightly sprayed the stamp, and then applied it to watercolor paper. I did the same thing with the green leaves. It is such a cool technique because you get the look of watercolor with minimal effort. I was inspired to add the black stripes from a curtain I saw in a catalog. I masked the flowers, inked up a background stamp called Watercolor Stripes, lightly sprayed the stamp, and appled it to the watercolor paper. The flowers were unaffected by the black stripes because I masked them off. I added the sentiment "Just a note" and placed my finished piece over shiny, black card base with just a bit of black peeking out from the bottom.

This card would make a great teacher gift. Teachers are always in need of note cards! It would also be a great card for the college student who does not make it home often, just to say hi.

I hope that you try this technique because it is SO much fun!

Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment