Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Card a Day Challenge August, Week 4, WOW Wednesday

Hi everyone,

Welcome to day 4 of the Card a Day Challenge for August! The theme is school related and the color scheme is yellow, black, and white. Today is WOW Wednesday, where we take an old card and turn up the volume! This is a fun way to practice CASEing your own work. I always suggest, thanks to Catherine Pooler and Stampnation, that you keep three things you like about the card and change three things to make it your own creation.

Here is the original card that I made:



This is definitely a great party themed card, perfect for graduations, which is why I chose it for my original. Below is my WOW'd version:


 

This card has it ALL going on!!! The 3 things I changed were stamping an entire background, different color selections, and different stamps for my background. I used Catherine Pooler's stamps called Geobuilders and Everyday Mod to create the background, along with her fabulous inks. The colors are well coordinated for the August color scheme, but you can change them up to follow specific school colors. I kept my sentiment simple so it would not get lost in the busy background. The inside sentiment is perfect for the high school or college graduate! The sentiment stamp is Catherine Pooler's You Did It.

This is a great way to work on certain techniques that need improvement. You can CASE your own cards and turn up the volume. Challenge yourself and share with us!

Colleen


No comments:

Post a Comment