Sunday, August 26, 2018

Card A Day Challenge August, Week 4, Sweet & Simple Sunday

Hi everyone,

Welcome back to the Card a Day Challenge for the month of August! I will be here everyday this week with a new challenge theme.  I hope that you'll join me and share your creations with us! The theme for August is school related (teacher, back to school, encouragement for a child, and so on), and the color scheme is yellow, black, and white.

Today is Sweet and Simple Sunday, where we create a clean and simple card using the August theme and color scheme. Here is my card for today:



This card would be perfect for an older student or teacher that has inspired us. The background is gender neutral with subtle colors of yellow and white combined with shades of orange. The colors were created by applying Bo Bunny glitter paste over a mandela stencil. The gold sentiment is actually the definition of the word "inspire", which I though was very appropriate for the theme this month!  There is plenty of white space around the colorful stencil, which keeps the eye focused on one area. The sentiment stamp is from Visible Images. I did use a specialty white paper from The Paper Temptress (check her out, she has SO MUCH paper!) that has subtle, textured lines going through it, which added the perfect touch.

Challenge yourself to do this, even if you don't have kids in school. Chances are there is someone that could use a card like this. My kids are grown, but I have a 4 year old granddaughter, so she is my inspiration for my cards this week.

I'll be back tomorrow with Mistletoe Monday!

Colleen

3 comments: