Monday, August 20, 2018

Mistletoe Monday 34-2018

Wow.  Do you realize there are only 127 days until Christmas??  This year is passing way to fast.  Right now you wouldn't know it; it is still in the 90's most days and our AC unit quit 2 days ago - had to go without air overnight and thought we would DIE (I live in the Mid-South).  But it's time to get those Christmas cards done so you won't have to rush - in 127 days...

Here is my card:




I made this thinking of my daughter, the teacher.  I used a Silhouette file to cut out the white tree and the red apples, leaves and stems.  The snowy background is from a stitched die set.  I used black card stock (from Recollections) to make a card base.  The Merry Christmas sentiment is from Tim Holtz.  I stamped the sentiment with clear Versamark ink and embossed with white embossing powder from Ranger.  It just looked too plain so I used my white gel pen to add polka dots to the apples and a little detail to the leaves and yellow stripes to make them look more like presents.  Hope she likes it! ~ Gracie

2 comments:

  1. What a cute idea to put apples under the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the apples, as gifts for a teacher card. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete