Monday, August 27, 2018

Card A Day Challenge August, Week 4, Mistletoe Monday

Hi everyone,

Welcome to day 2 of the Card a Day Challenge for August! Today is Mistletoe Monday, where we create a holiday card using the theme and color scheme of the month. The theme for August is school related and the color scheme is yellow, black, and white.

Here is my card:



I admit it, I had trouble staying within the yellow, black, and white colors for this card. I do have those colors within it, but also added a few more colors using Catherine Pooler's inks in Lemoncello, Grape Crush, and All That Jazz. I chose a Honey Bee dimensional die that says "shine" and then literally added some shine on it along with silver thread for interest. I felt like this sentiment would send a positive, encouraging message to a student. The finished card was placed on a black card base.

What I really like about this card is the background, which is a Concord & 9th Turnabout stamp. I could see this stamp used in specific school colors and given to a teacher for holiday thank you notes.
This challenge is helping me get a head start on my holiday cards this year! I hope that you'll join us and challenge yourself today!

Colleen


No comments:

Post a Comment