Saturday, September 1, 2018

Card a Day Challenge August, Week 4, Scene It Saturday

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the final day of Card a Day Challenges for August! I hope you have enjoyed this week with me and learned some new things, I certainly did! Today is Scene It Saturday, where we create a scene on a card. Here is my card:

 

This is probably my most favorite card of the week, and the most creative one!!! I am actually quite proud of this card. I have mentioned before that I am not confident in making scene cards. But, through these challenges, I have learned that making a scene card is in the eye of the beholder. Meaning, it does not have to be a "classic" scene card. Take this card that I made of the bee flying through the sky. I would call this a scene card! The bee and sentiments are from Honey Bee's Bee-you-tiful and Build-A-Bee. This is an ADORABLE stamp set that I'm so glad I purchased awhile ago! The background sky was done using a cloud stencil and blue ink.  I wanted the sentiments and bee to all look like they were floating through the sky confidently, so I connected them with the black dots to give it movement. The sentiment reads "Bee positive & confident".

This would make a great card for the new teacher in your family or the student who is starting a new grade in school or an extra-curricular activity.

Well, that's it for this month! I will be back for September's Card a Day Challenge on 4th week, so be on the look out!

Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment