Thursday, March 1, 2018

Thursday in 3D 09-2018

This year I am making box cards for my family's birthday cards, but ramping them up a bit.




This one is from a great cut found on svgcuts.com.  It is part of a group called Garden Party Box Cards.  I cut it out on my Cricut Explore using a white wood grain paper from Altenew.  It is a finely embossed card stock that really looks like painted wood.  Since the wood grain is only on one side, I cut it out twice and cut the second one in pieces to put on the outside sides of the chair.  That also gave it quite a bit of stability.  I used a distress sponge with gray Distress Ink around the edges to give it a slightly weathered look.  The pillow and towel on the back used paper from Carta Bella called Beach Boardwalk. It looked a little plain, so I decided to add a wine bottle to lean against the pillow on the chair and wanted to add a glass of wine on the arm. I had trouble deciding how to make a thin flat cutout stand up on the arm.  I finally cut two circles out of some thin cork I had from a DCWV stack.  I cut one in half and glued one of the halves to the whole circle.  I put the bottom of the wine glass against the cut side and glued the other half of the cork in place with the glass wedged in between the two halves.  It looked like the glass is on a coaster and could be glued to the arm.  When I did that, it made it so that I couldn't fold the card up flat to mail, and I ended up giving it to my sister-in-law in person. If you have a February birthday, you deserve to dream about the beach. This was a fun card to do. - Denise

1 comment: