Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Technique Tuesday 13-2018

The technique for this month is foiling.  I had fun with gold foil to make this card.


I saw this saying on the internet, but with coffee.  Since my daughter and I love tea, I changed it up and printed the sentiment on green paper using a laser printer.  Laser printers use toner which melts when using a laminating machine allowing the foil to adhere to the paper where there is toner.  Another way to adhere the foil is to use embossing powder and heat emboss an image, then run it through the laminating machine with foil.  That is the technique I used for the gold pouting from the pot of tea.  I cut the pot and cup on my Cricut, then arranged them on my card to see where to put the gold.  I used a Ranger Perfect Medium pen in the area I wanted to be gold and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I then put Minc reactive gold foil over it and ran it through my Minc machine.  I glued the pot and cup into place to make it look like the gold was being poured into the cup.  I think it turned out pretty cool.  The papers are from Authentique  called Charmed and the Cricut cartridge used was called Disney Princess Dreams Come True.  - Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment