Thursday, August 25, 2016

Technique Thursday #28-2016

Today on Technique Thursday we are continuing with word clustering.  Here is a video on one word clustering technique:

This colorful rendition is from Sue - 

This was my first attempt at creating a word cluster on my card. I used 100 lb cardstock because I knew that I would be watercolouring. In retrospect, I probably should have made the word cluster a bit denser. However, I was concerned about overlapping words. I stamped all the words from CAS-ual Fridays’ All About You stamp set from Catherine Pooler’s Stamp of Approval – Beautiful World collection with Versamark ink and then added the white embossing powder. It was a bit challenging to determine where I had previously stamped as the Versamark ink is not very visible. If I had been a bit more patient, I could have stamped each word/phrase and then added the embossing powder to make subsequent word placement a bit more obvious. I’m just not that patient – LOL! I then used my heat tool to set the embossing powder. I put some distress ink (twisted citron, mustard seed, spiced marmalade, picked raspberry) on my Teflon sheet and then picked up the colour with my water brush and applied it to the panel. I matted the panel with a piece of cardstock to add even more colour.

Angie follows with her card -
I really enjoyed this technique. It was so much fun to select different sentiments and the various colors to stamp them with. For this card I used the sentiments in the Happy Sentiments and My Everything stamp sets by Fun Stampers Journey. I used several colors to stamp the images and embellished the card with a bit of patterned paper and colored twine.

I love how both Sue & Angie used such bright colors in their cards, but in different ways.  Tune in tomorrow for two more great cards. - Denise

1 comment:

  1. I never heard of word clustering, but it's certainly a good way to use multiple stamps! Great job, ladies.

    ReplyDelete