Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Color Challenge Tuesday #29-2016

Today's color challenge is -

Colleen starts us out with this wonderful card:
This card was so much fun to make!  Using an emboss resist technique (which I love to do), I stamped the "Bare Tree Duo" from Technique Junkies with clear Versamark ink and heat embossed it in white.  Next I sponged over the trees with Distress ink in various fall shades of color.  The embossed image will "resist" the colors and stay white.  I wiped the excess ink off of the trees with a dry cloth so the white popped against the color.  What a cool look you get with this technique!  Starting with an A2-sized brown cardbase, I cut the next layer down to 4 x 5.25 and then the final layer (the trees) to 3.75 x 4.75. I cut the trees into thirds, centered them on the 4 x 5.25 card layer, and used liquid glue to adhere them (you may have to tweak down the size a little to have enough space between them).  Liquid glue gives you a little wiggle room to place your object exactly where you want it before it dries.  Its great when you want exact placement of an item.  To finish up, I wrapped a blue ribbon around it and added a "Love" sentiment.  I adhered the finished product onto the card base using fun foam.   There you have it!  

This is how Gracie used the colors -
I used 2 stencils to make the background .   The 1st is a Prima stencil and I used Tim Holt Distress Inks (dried marigold, peacock feathers, tea dye, and fried brick) to add subtle color.  The 2nd stencil is from Clear Scraps. I sponged it with US baked brown sugar.  The deer is a Silhouette file.  The sentiment is from Tim Holtz and is stamped using Memento Rich Cocoa and clear embossing powder. I mounted the front onto the same brown cs I used to cut the deer then put it on a cream cs base. ~Gracie

I love how both designers used trees in their cards, they are perfect with the colors. - Denise

1 comment:

  1. These are gorgeous! I have a feeling I'm going to love this month's challenges. Autumn is my favorite time of year and it's in large part due to the colors! You've captured them beautifully.

    ReplyDelete