Sunday, August 14, 2016

Clean and Simple Sunday #27-2016

This week will be a mix of Denise's cards along with some from Colleen.  You will also see more of Colleen in a few weeks.

I love Clean & Simple layouts since you can do a lot of cards in a short amount of time, but still make a great impression. Today the challenge was to do a masculine card, and here is what I came up with
.

– I have been playing around with alcohol inks and am in love with them.  I put some on a coated paper and blew them around with a straw.  I put both inks and the blending solution directly on the paper in a couple of drops and started blowing.  I played around with adding more and blowing until I liked the pattern.  For the body of the duck I used Teakwood and a little bit of Mermaid at the bottom for the lighter layer, mushroom, Botanicals and Lettuce for the head and Honeycomb as the beak.  All of these were done on separate papers and after I was satisfied with the patterns, I cut the layers for the duck on my Explore using the cartridge Wildlife.  I mounted it on white wood-grain paper from Altenew and used scraps of the two browns to cut ovals and stamp the sentiment on.  I really love how it turned out and think it really dresses up a die cut.  After I made this card for the challenge, I actually ended up giving it to a woman who has a cabin next to ours on a lake in Michigan.  It reminded me of the lake and is appropriate to either gender. - Denise Sayers



1 comment: