Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Card Sketch Wednesday #28-2016

As we have mentioned before, a card sketch can provide a great jumping off point to make a card.  Here is today's sketch - 

Sue came up with this fun card -


To start, I stamped the small flowers from Simon Says STAMP Look for the Miracles stamp set with Versafine Black Onyx ink. I added color with daubers and distress inks (mustard seed, spiced marmalade and peacock feathers. I fussy-cut the flowers. The sentiment is from Simon Says  STAMP Thanks stamp set. I used a couple of scraps, one plain and one printed to make banners to complete the card.

And now Angie - 

This card is so simple but so pretty, in my opinion. I embossed the front of my card with Fun Stampers Journey Petal Wall embossing folder. I then sprinkled some Bubble Gum silk to give a little flair. The flowers are from Flower Party Stamp and the sentiment is from the Ampersand Notes set by Fun Stampers Journey. I stamped each flower onto Spectrum Noir watercolor paper and colored each with Spectrum Noir Aqua Markers. While they were still damp, I rolled the petals in the direction I wanted them to go. Once the flowers were dry, I adhered them to the front of the card using pop-up dots. As a final touch, I used Bubble Gum Journey Sequins for the center of each flower


I love how even though both Sue & Angie stayed very close to the sketch, the cards have a different feel because of the colors and details used by the different designers.  Even though you start with a sketch, it is very easy to make it your own as they have shown us.- Denise


1 comment:

  1. Both nice CAS cards! Love that background you created, Angie.

    ReplyDelete