Saturday, August 20, 2016

Inspiration Saturday #27-2016

If you are looking for the Sail Away Blog Post - please click here -
Sail Away With Me Blog Hop

How is this for inspiration?  I would say perfect for the beach weather we have been having.


This turned into this card - 

Once again I was playing with my alcohol inks.  I started with a piece of coated paper that was 4.25 by 5.5.  On a felt applicator, I put drops of Indigo, Mermaid and Botanicals and then added some plain alcohol.  Instead of pouncing it, I applied the color by making rows in a wavy motion.  I did this a couple of times until I thought it looked kind of like wavy tropical water.  I then trimmed the piece for a center panel.  On the shells, I used Honeycomb and sunshine yellow in a pouncing manner.  I then used Sunset orange.  On part of the paper, I just sort of dropped it on making the circles and on part, I used a Qtip dipped in a solution of the orange and plain alcohol and sort of did squiggles through the yellow with the orange.  After I had some different patterns, I cut the shells out on my Explore.  I made a cut pattern by scanning my shell stamps into a file and importing them into Design Space.  There are some great tutorials on YouTube to show you how to do this and it allows me to cut those on my Explore and not have to fussy cut my stamp shapes.  After they were cut, I placed them on my home-made Misti and positioned the stamps on the die cuts.  I used Staz-on to stamp the images on the three shells.   I don’t have the name of the stamp set for those shells, since I have had them awhile now.  The sentiment is from Inkadinkado and is called Down by the Seaside.  I masked off part of the stamp so that I only stamped the sentiment instead of the whole image from the stamp. – Denise Sayers

As I look back at this week, I realize that I was really leaning toward alcohol inks, but think they all are really different from each other, so don't be afraid to try it.  I also want to welcome Colleen and we will see even more from her in a couple of weeks. - Denise


No comments:

Post a Comment